Well, what a lovely surprise I had today. Thomas Cotterill has nominated me for the Silver Quill Blogger Award which is a great honour from such an accomplished writer. Thank you so much Thomas.
As per the Award’s rules, I have to answer some questions:
1. Do you prefer rhyming or non-rhyming poetry?
I prefer non-rhyming poetry, particularly free verse.
2. Which is your favourite Shakespeare play?
A difficult question as to be honest I’ve only read a few of them so far. On the whole I prefer the comedies such as Midsummer Night’s Dream.
3. Who is your favourite author?
My favourite author for a long time has been Robertson Davies, a Canadian writer. His stories grab you by the throat, his prose is sublime and the characters, although often eccentric in both personality and values, leap off the page. I have re-read his books many times; a good sign I guess. My favourites are: The Deptford Trilogy, The Cornish Trilogy and Fifth Business.
4. Name three people you admire.
I particularly admire Nelson Mandela for his fortitude and courage; Leonardo da Vinci, because polymaths like him deserve everyone’s admiration and Aaron Sorkin who wrote The West Wing because he is simply a phenomenal writer.
5. What is your favourite music album?
I have so many but one of my all-time favourite artists is John Martyn and his album Solid Air, I listen to it all the time.
6. Which colour do you most dislike?
Pillar-box red, I don’t think it looks good on anyone or anything.
7. Name a song or poem that makes you feel emotional.
Every time I hear our national anthem, I cringe and I wish, like so many other people, that Land of Hope and Glory represented us; it always brings a tear to my eye and pulls my heart strings with sheer pride.
My nominees to receive the Silver Quill Blogger Award are as follows:
- Going Dutch because Malou’s blog is full of interesting comments about her travels and her family, plus she takes amazing pictures to accompany her posts.
- A word or two because Anne’s poetry always makes me think, smile or reflect and basically sigh with envy!
- ec.cen.tric because Liz is an ‘out-there’ blogger who isn’t afraid to voice her opinions, who asks some smart questions and plunges all of us into discussions with verve and passion.
- Asturian Diary because I love reading about the family’s adventures in and around Spain, the people they meet and their day-to-day lives.
- Present Tense because Jane writes thought-provoking, very readable posts that spark conversations and reflections.
Nominees, to accept the Award, please follow these simple rules.
1. Copy the award logo and paste it into your post.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them.
3. Answer the seven questions about yourself.
4. Nominate five other bloggers.
Categories: Just Plain Blog